No matter the year, New Year's celebrations tend to follow the same standard formula. Take a dozen shiny party hats, mix in a smattering of top 40 from the past twelve months, and add a healthy dose of champagne until everyone's singing "Auld Lang Syne" at midnight and making out. This December 31st, try welcoming the new year in a new way with a mix of fine spirits and even finer music.
If you need some inspiration, we're sharing the smooth, citrus take on a gin gimlet that our friends at The Breslin crafted especially for Rudy's. It tastes far better than any champagne hangover. And our resident DJ and regional director of shops, DeeJay King Midas, has created a playlist that's as funky as it is hip.
Meet the martini’s sweeter, sultrier cousin. It's easy as 1-2-3 to make, and with an added touch of smoky cedar, it becomes a delicious way to toast a new year.
- 2 oz. dry gin (London dry gin is our go-to…add a lil’ more if you’re feeling boozy)
- 2/3 oz. Rose’s lime juice
- Smoked cedar bitters or other smoky bitters
- A rosemary twig or cedar bough and lime for garnish
- Combine gin and lime juice in a cocktail shaker with cracked ice. Shake the s**t out of it.
- Pour into a chilled cocktail glass, add a few dashes of bitters, and top with a twig/bough and a lime slice.
- Raise your glass, clink with those you love, and welcome 2018 with a classy buzz.